Party Wall Awards

When you are considering having any work carried out whether it is a loft conversion, side return extension, building works on the boundary, excavations within 3m (or 6m for deep excavations) of your neighbour’s buildings, demolishing and rebuilding the boundary wall or any building work which is subject to the Party Wall etc Act 1996, we can help.

We can assist owners who plan to do the works and also the neighbours who will be affected by the works.

If you are a building owner looking to carry out building works we will review your circumstances to determine if the Party Wall etc Act 1996 applies.  If it does, we will explain the entire procedure and likely timescales, outline your options and make our recommendations.  We always recommend using a Surveyor to serve notice on your behalf.  If notice is served incorrectly, it would need to be served again and this may delay works.

If you are an adjoining owner we can advise you of your rights under the Party Wall etc Act 1996, we will ensure all controls are in place to minimise the risk of damage to your property.  We will carry out an inspection on your property and produce a schedule of condition.  Once the building works are completed we will re-inspect your property to ensure no damage has been sustained.  You should note that under the Act, the developer is required to pay our fees on your behalf.

Ring for a free consultation.